- St Michael’s Academy is a one-form entry primary school with academy status set in a quiet cul-de-sac near the Penn area of Wolverhampton.
- We provide excellent education for children of school ages 4-11. Our total number on roll is 224.
- We also have two nursery classes offering 15 hour nursery entitlement and 30 hour nursery entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds.
- OFSTED rate our academy as Good with Outstanding features. Last inspection March 2015 [Full Report]
- Our Diocesan Inspection in November 2016 commented ‘Catholic Life and Collective Worship are outstanding’ [Full Report]
- Please follow this link to read an open letter from Mrs McHale the Principal of our Academy. Welcome from the Principal
Our Catholic academy was founded by the Diocese over 50 years ago to provide a primary education for the children of St Michael’s parish. Today it continues to provide a high quality all-round education within a setting that is designed to nurture the development of our children’s Faith. Parents and children alike value this environment, in which staff and children pray together regularly during the day, and participate in the Church’s journey through the liturgical year.
St Michael’s is part of the Bishop Clearly Catholic Multi-Academy Company. The family of academies within our MAC are: St Edmund’s, SS Mary & John’s, SS Peter & Paul’s and St Teresa’s. All are Catholic academies are in Wolverhampton.
St Michael’s Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and culture of vigilance. Please read our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy which ensures we keep children safe.
You will find a wealth of information in our POLICIES section and within our Prospectus. Academy policies have been equality impact assessed and we believe that they are in line with the Equality Act 2010 as they are fair, do not prioritise or disadvantage any pupil and promote equality at St Michael’s.
Every day is an open day at St Michael’s! Please contact Mrs Bowen our Office Manager to arrange a visit. We would love to show prospective parents around our Good and Outstanding academy.
We currently have places available in some Key Stage 2 classes.
Each September we welcome 30 new Reception children to join our academy family. (46% of these were catholic children in 2017). Please visit our Admissions and Prospectus page for more information about applying for a place at St Michael’s.